Caring for Your Outdoor Furniture
When you buy outdoor furniture from Alifurn Outdoor Living, you’re making an investment in quality furniture designed to last. We use the best materials we can source, and we honour your investment by carefully creating timeless pieces. To ensure the longevity of your patio furniture, here are some tips for outdoor furniture care and maintenance:
Cleaning powder-coated aluminium patio furniture
Simply wash with a hose and leave to dry! Never use chemicals and abrasives on powder-coasted aluminium frames – if your outdoor furniture is very dirty or slightly oxidised, clean with soapy water and a non-abrasive cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Cleaning fibre-cane furniture
Simply wash with a hose and leave to dry! If very dirty, wash down with soapy water using a non-abrasive cloth.
Cleaning fibreglass table tops
To maintain your fibreglass table in pristine condition, clean it daily.
- Use scorers, abrasive material or solvent-based cleaning fluids – rather use a mild household dishwashing liquid and hot water. Rinse thoroughly to remove soap residue.
- Use sharp objects directly on your table top – they will damage the surface.
- Ensure that the domed air vents on the underside of your table are unobstructed and that they aren’t submerged in water
- Use heat-resistant place mats to prevent damage to your table surface by direct, high heat.
How to protect outdoor furniture cushions
- Clean stains immediately
- Thoroughly rinse off soap and bleach
- Vacuum or brush off dirt before it becomes embedded
- Turn your covers regularly to minimised excessive wear and fading
- When not in use, store your cushions in a weatherproof area
- Wash cushion covers periodically to prevent mildew and mould and allow to air dry
- Never use a pressure washer to clean outdoor cushions – excessive pressure can tear material, causing your outdoor cushions to retain moisture, which can lead to mould or mildew.
Frame covers are a great way to keep your outdoor furniture and cushions clean and dry. We can provide custom-made covers for all of our products – get in touch to find out more.
- Damage claims resulting from the non-compliance of the above care instructions will not be entertained. Each case will be assessed on its merits, and the relevant course of action decided upon to ensure the best possible service.